ANTITRUST AND COMPETITION
Competition regulators worldwide are becoming more stringent. This is why it is important to know how to navigate the antitrust and competition waters in a specific jurisdiction. Our clients trust us with being their guide in Ukraine's competition law waters.
We assist our clients with all aspects of Ukraine's competition law spanning advice on M&A transactions, merger control filings, advice on horizontal and vertical restraints, representing clients in investigations/controversies with the competition authorities.
Our team has experience advising both local and international companies, private equity firms, international law firms and international financial institutions. We have represented clients from such industries as energy, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, consumer goods, banking and financial services, IT, heavy machinery, agriculture, media and others.
Our lawyers' recent representative experience includes advising:
- A world-leading digital industrial company in merger control notifications in Ukraine in connection with its acquisition of power and grid business and formation of a joint venture.
- A large international financial services group in a merger filing in Ukraine in connection with its acquisition of a Ukrainian insurance company.
- A European private equity fund in a merger control notification in Ukraine in connection with the acquisition of an international generic and OTC pharmaceuticals company.
- An international private equity house in a merger control notification in Ukraine in connection with its acquisition of an IT and technology business.
- A global pharmaceutical company before the Ukraine's antimonopoly authority in connection with certain enquiries from the authority.
- An international development bank in a merger control notification in Ukraine in connection with its equity investment in a Ukrainian bank.
- One of the world's leading oil companies in connection with negotiating a production sharing agreement with the State of Ukraine, including on various antitrust matters.
- A large US corporation in relation to the possibility of re-sale price determination in Ukraine.
- A large US corporation in connection with its marketing programme in Ukraine.
Yevheniy Deyneko heads the Antitrust and Competition practice at EVERLEGAL