While we have substantial transactional expertise, we are equally knowledgeable and experienced in legal issues arising in the course of the businesses’ operational activities. Our team advises on a variety of commercial laws matters such as IP law, employment, licensing and regulatory regimes, compliance regimes (anti-corruption, data privacy, anti-money laundering), labour safety and environmental regulations.
Our clients in this practice area represent energy, pharmaceutical and healthcare, consumer goods, banking and financial services, IT, agriculture, media and some other industries.
Our lawyers' recent representative experience includes advising:
- A global pharmaceutical company on the legal requirements applicable to recall of certain products in Ukraine.
- An international pharmaceutical company on various Ukraine related IP and regulatory issues.
- A leading US IT company, on certain employment law matters, in particular on structuring labour relations with IT personnel.
- A French IT company, on certain corporate, labour and tax matters.
- One of the world's largest snacks companies on various employment, IP and regulatory matters in Ukraine in connection with creation of a joint venture, including advising on transfer of employees in connection with a corporate spin-off, transfer of IP assets, contracts and liabilities.
- A foreign investor on real estate letting policies and structuring of lease arrangements for large office centres, retail malls, logistic parks and the kind, advised on different-type property management transactions.
- A foreign investor on various start-up procedures for factories and other industrial facilities in Ukraine, in particular on commissioning of industrial facilities and obtaining licences and permitting documents.
Yevheniy Deyneko and Andriy Olenyuk are the co-heads of the Commercial Practice at EVERLEGAL.