CORPORATE AND M&A
We advise our clients on complex M&A deals, both domestic and cross-border, from heads of terms and due diligence to completion and post-completion integration. Our team has experience advising both local and international corporations, banks, private equity houses and international financial institutions.
In addition to transactional advice, we also regularly provide corporate law advice to our clients as well as assist with tax structuring.
Some of our lawyers' representative transactions include advising:
- Majority shareholders of a large Ukrainian wholesaler of pharmaceutical products in connection with a buy-back of the minority stake from the private equity house, including advising on debt to equity conversion, charter capital increase and reduction.
- One of the world's largest snacks companies on Ukrainian law matters in connection with restructuring of its operations and creation of the joint venture for one of its lines of business.
- A foreign banking group in connection with the sale of a Ukrainian bank in an auction process.
- Shareholders of a Ukrainian bank in connection with the bank's sale to a pool of investors, including advising on corporate law matters, currency controls, regulatory approvals, debt assignments.
- A large international financial services group in connection with its acquisition of a Ukrainian insurance company.
- A major oil and gas company in connection with the production sharing agreement project in Ukraine on the industry regulatory matters, corporate matters, commercial contracts, employment and immigration law matters, personal data and anti-corruption law compliance as well as other transactional and operational matters.
- A mid-size Canadian oil and gas company on various corporate and regulatory matters in connection with its operations in Ukraine.
- A major oil and gas company in connection with its Ukrainian downstream projects.
- An upstream oil and gas arm of the major global energy company on its establishment of a strategic partnership with the leading Ukrainian oil and gas producer, including due diligence and regulatory issues.
- An Australian foreign investor with respect to its purchase of a majority stake in an oil and gas business in Ukraine operated through a joint activity agreement with a state owned company.
- An international private equity fund on the acquisition of a stake in one of the leading Ukrainian private clinics with specialty in gynaecology and IVF.
- An investment arm of a large US corporation and an international financial institution on the acquisition of a stake in the joint venture with a group of Ukrainian investors for the purpose of constructing and operating a data processing centre, the first enterprise class Tier III data centre located in Ukraine.
- A leading global nutrition, health and wellness companies on a transaction to acquire the largest producer of dehydrated culinary in Ukraine.
- A Ukrainian wind power plant developer on the tax efficient pre-sale restructuring.
- A French alternative energy developer on tax implications of a sale of its wind power projects in Ukraine.
- One of the largest agricultural production companies in Russia and Ukraine on its proposed IPO on the Warsaw stock exchange, including pre-IPO corporate and debt restructuring and refinancing.
- One of the largest generators of wind energy on its acquisition of a wind farm in Ukraine.
- A Russian oil company in connection with a sale of refinery in Ukraine.
- Minority shareholders on a potential sale of their shares in one of Ukraine’s largest retail chains.
- Austrian property investment and development corporation on the corporate and regulatory issues with respect to the acquisition of a Ukrainian real estate group.
- A Ukrainian chain of supermarkets in connection with its planned acquisition of another chain of supermarkets.
- A leading Russian investment company in connection with the acquisition of a Ukrainian real estate development company.
- A Ukrainian petrol trading company in relation to the establishment of a joint venture for the development and operation of a network of gas filling stations in Ukraine.
- A large Italian banking group with respect to its purchase of a Ukrainian bank.
- Major Russian oil and gas company in connection with the preparation and submission of the bid for a production sharing agreement for a subsoil block in Eastern Ukraine.
Yevheniy Deyneko is the M&A and Corporate practice leader at EVERLEGAL.