From time to time most businesses face a conflict or a dispute with a supplier, client, regulator or even a business partner. Such situations can be quite disruptive and damaging for the business and their quick and effective resolution can become its key challenge. This is why our task is to help our clients to resolve their conflicts and disputes expeditiously, minimising their impact on the business and achieving the favourable results for our clients.
Our clients come from a variety of industries such as agriculture, commercial real estate, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, financial institutions, automotive and some others. Our team of seasoned dispute resolution lawyers has a proven record of accomplishment in successfully representing the clients in litigation and arbitration proceedings, in out-of-court settlements and during audits, investigations and government enforcement actions, both in local and cross-border matters.
Our Dispute Resolution team handles a broad range of matters with the primary focus on tax, commercial, corporate, employment and banking disputes. We also have dedicated lawyers who specialise in white collar defence and government enforcement representations.
We are often asked to act as a second opinion adviser on strategy for resolution or mitigation of adverse impact of particularly complex disputes.
The clients trust us with their high-stakes “must-win” cases.
Our lawyers' recent representative matters include advising:
- A Ukrainian agricultural holding in its UAH 500,000,000 dispute with a Ukrainian bank.
- A major Ukrainian car dealer in its UAH 375,000,000 multi-jurisdictional dispute with a Ukrainian bank in Ukraine and Cyprus.
- A Ukrainian development company in its UAH 160,000,000 dispute with a Ukrainian bank.
- Private individuals in a dispute with a major Ukrainian bank regarding early debt repayment for a total amount over USD 1,000,000.
- A group of individual depositors in a dispute with the State Deposit Guarantee Fund of Ukraine for the amount of UAH 35,000,000.
- Ukrainian bank in a UAH 137,000,000 dispute with the tax authorities.
- Logoplaste Ukraine, a subsidiary of Portuguese Logoplaste, one of the largest producers of rigid plastics packaging in Europe, in a number of tax disputes with the Ukrainian tax authorities.
- Slavyanka LLC, major producer of salads and vegetables and the exclusive supplier in Ukraine of McDonald's, Domino's Pizza, KFC etc., in a number of tax disputes with the Ukrainian tax authorities.
- Ukrainian investors in a USD 30,000,000 corporate dispute.
- A group of foreign investors in disputes with real estate developer concerning property titles to the premises located in Crimea.
- Ukrainian bank and several Ukrainian individuals in connection with the application to the European Court of Human Rights.
- Various creditors in bankruptcy proceedings initiated against debtors.
Andriy Porayko heads the Dispute Resolution practice at EVERLEGAL.