Knowledge Seminar "Russian Military Aggression Against Ukraine as Force Majeure: What Does It Mean for Contractual Obligations?"
EVERLEGAL, jointly with the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine is glad to invite you to the upcoming Knowledge Seminar "Russian Military Aggression Against Ukraine as Force Majeure: What Does It Mean for Contractual Obligations?", which will be held in the format of the webinar.
- Date: May 19, 2022
- Time: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Place: Online
- Registration for ACC members
- Registration for other participants
On 28 February 2022, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Ukraine ("Chamber") issued a letter #2024 / 02.0-7.1 in order to simplify the regular procedure for certifying force majeure. The Chamber confirmed to "anyone concerned" that the military aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine is a force majeure starting from 24 February 2022 and until the official end of martial law in Ukraine.
During this webinar we will discuss several legal issues important to those engaged in any kind of contractual relations in view of the recognition of Russian military aggression as force majeure.
During the event, we will discuss:
1. General Observations Regarding Force Majeure
- What is the effect of force majeure?
- Does the letter #2024 / 02.0-7.1 issued by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Ukraine provide for an automatic release from liability?
2. Force Majeure and Contractual Obligations
- Ukrainian law agreement silent in relation to force majeure
- Foreign law agreement silent in relation to force majeure
- Ukrainian law or foreign law agreement governing force majeure
3. Force Majeure and Monetary Obligations
- Does force majeure justify failure to pay?
- What are the martial law legislative incentives concerning monetary obligations?
- What are the incentives provided by the lenders?
4. Force Majeure and Dispute Resolution
- In case of the dispute resolution in Ukrainian courts, does a statute of limitations applicable to contractual violations continues to run during the martial law?
Associate at EVERLEGAL
Olha focuses on Corporate and M&A and Commercial matters. She is one of the key lawyers in a Corporate and M&A team at EVERLEGAL. Olha has a wide experience advising large developers of renewable energy projects in Ukraine & Europe, leading global producers of PV modules, investment companies focusing on renewable energy sector, a major Ukrainian investment group, the first Ukrainian innovation park, a French water and waste management and treatment company, and others. Olha is also a coach of Kyiv-Mohyla academy team participating in Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot.
Associate at EVERLEGAL
Yuliia focuses on Corporate and M&A, Commercial and Employment matters. Yuliia has experience advising large IT companies on employment, corporate and other matters regarding their day-to-day activities, as well as legal assistance to public and charitable organisations activities, advising them on various matters, including in relation to drafting statutory documents, introducing amendments thereto, and reorganisation of governing bodies.
Who might be interested in this event (audience of the event): business owners, legal departments, finance departments, investors, accountants, project managers.
- *The language of the event is Ukrainian. No simultaneous translation will be provided.
- **The link to the webinar will be sent only to the registered participants.