EVERLEGAL's acted as legal counsel of the Embassy of Japan in Ukraine
EVERLEGAL's Real Estate team acted as legal counsel of the Embassy of Japan in Ukraine during the preparation and conclusion of a comprehensive, long-term lease contract of the embassy's building with a right of extension.
The exclusivity of the project was in the providence of legal support by our team during the reconstruction of the building, commissioning, and subsequent transfer of the building for rent. Furthermore, the increased privacy requirements at the project stage were a feature.
Our team consisted of partner Oleksandr Ruzhytskyi, head of Real Estate practice Oleksandr Demchuk and junior associate Anastasiya Marushak. They assisted the client in the following issues:
- Legal due diligence of property during planning and construction;
- Verification of professional reputation of counterparties;
- Verification of the building commissioning process and registration of ownership.
- Preparation of the bilingual contact and support in negotiations concerning the long-term rent;
- Organization of the signing process and the registration of contract etc.
International real estate consultancy Cushman & Wakefield Ukraine represented by the Head of Office Brokerage & Consultancy Levon Papoyan was also one of the partners of the parties to the contract.
We congratulate the client on a successful end of the project and we are looking forward to seeing the opening of the new building of the Embassy of Japan in Ukraine!