BANKING AND FINANCE
Almost every business reaches a point when it needs to attract both external and internal financing. We guide our clients through complex financing transactions, both domestic and cross-border, providing them with the legal service that reflects our market expertise, understanding of the client’s business needs and innovative thinking of our lawyers.
Our team has experience advising both lenders, such as banks and IFIs, and borrowers, such as local and international businesses spanning across various sectors. We assist clients with project finance, asset finance, acquisition finance, real estate finance and other financing matters.
Our regulatory experts advise clients on banking and other financial services regulatory issues, exchange controls, compliance issues, etc.
In addition to transactional and regulatory advice, our experienced dispute resolution team represents both lenders and borrowers in financing related disputes.
Some of our lawyers' representative transactions include advising:
- One of the world's largest snack companies on up to EUR 20,000,000 cross-border intragroup borrowings.
- A major Ukrainian pork producer on up to USD 25,000,000 secured loan facility from International Finance Corporation and on up to EUR 30,000,000 secured loan facility from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
- A Russian bank on the assignment of certain intrabank deposits and loans of its Ukrainian subsidiary.
- A Greek real estate developer on a series of extensions of its EUR 225 million bond programme relating to the financing of a shopping mall in Athens, Greece.
- A large US corporation on a senior facility for the acquisition of 44 senior housing property portfolio in the United Kingdom.
- A foreign investor on a bridge financing of its joint venture operating in the United Kingdom.
- A foreign borrower in connection with a USD 4,000,000 debt financing from a foreign financial institution.
- A Russian bank on a series of non-secured loan facilities for a total value of USD 3.1 billion provided to a Ukrainian oil and gas company.
- A syndicate of foreign banks on up to USD 600,000,000 financing of a major Ukrainian agricultural company.
Andriy Olenyuk and Vsevolod Volkov are the co-heads of the Banking & Finance practice at EVERLEGAL.